Saturday, June 20, 2015

To Dad: Thank You

To Dad...Thank you for loving us.

Dear Dad,

I can't put into words how much I love you. You and Mom make us feel so loved and cherished. I wanted to write this letter to say thank you. You go above and beyond when it comes to us.

Thank you for changing my first diaper. That right there was a (stinky) act of love.

Thank you for having tea parties with me. It's every girl's dream to have tea with her very own prince. 

Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike. I couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you for building us our first tree house. We had endless amounts of adventures up there.

Thank you for protecting us from "monsters" when we were little. You were the ultimate monster slayer.

Thank you for taking the time to spend a few minutes with me even if it's just to talk. And remember when I was little the way you would spend time with me having water fights? Those were the best! 

Thank you for showing me the beauty of God's creation. Even from a young age I knew Who created it.

Thank you for showing me new horizons. 

Thank you for letting me believe that I was your "super baby." 

Thank you for dancing with me. It was so exciting to dance with my daddy.

Thank you for delighting in our homemade parties. They were so fun when you were a part of them.

Thank you for including me in your afternoon naps. They were my favorite part of my day because I could spend uninterrupted time with you.

Thank you for showing us through Mom how a woman is supposed to be treated.

Thank you for your endless amounts of jokes and sayings. I enjoy them constantly.

Thank you for putting up with three young girls. We know our screaming, giggling, and cheesy TV shows can't always be easy to be around.

Thank you for showing me what hard work looks like. It's a valuable asset I will take with me through life. 

Thank you for showing me a godly example every day. You give me a glimpse into what God's infinite love looks like.

Thank you for giving your time and effort for us by driving us where we need to go or helping us complete a project or making your big breakfast for our family every Saturday morning or working so hard to provide for us. 

Thank you for looking out for us in any way you can. By doing this, you make us feel very important, safe, and loved.

Thank you for making me feel special. You could never know how much that means to me.

Thank you for giving the gift of Christmas memories. One of my favorite Christmas traditions will always be going with you to pick out a Christmas tree. 

Thank you for taking selfies with me. Haha ;)


Thank you for eating chocolate bunnies with us every Easter. What a tradition! 

Thank you for celebrating our birthday each year by making a homemade sign with a special note on it. I always look forward to waking up on my birthday to see what you have written.

Thank you for teaching me how to drive the go-cart as well as a car. You (mostly) didn't freak out. I appreciate the time and the (lots) of patience required to teach me.

Thank you for supporting us. You have always made it clear to us to come to you and Mom if we have a problem no matter how bad it might be. You guys will always help us in any way you can. Thank you so much for that.

Thank you for helping me make the best and most important decision in my life. That was an awesome day!

Thank you for encouraging me. Whether it is encouraging me in school, my faith, or my hopes to become a neonatal nurse, you're there cheering me every step of the way.

Thank you for walking through life with me, Dad. I wouldn't have it any other way.





You and Mom are such a blessing to us. I can't wait to see what new memories our family will make together. Happy Father's Day!! We love you!!

Love,

-Madelyn

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, sweet letter, Madelyn! Your dad is blessed to have such a sweet daughter. :) And what fun pictures and memories! -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! <3 How blessed those of us are who have loving fathers who love the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete