Wednesday, December 31, 2014

One Major Resolution // 2015



2015 will be here in less than 11 hours. 2014 was great and I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store for us. We're not the kind of people who make New Year resolutions. We're not even the kind of people who like staying up until 12am to ring in the new year. (I know, we are total sticks-in-the-mud. I fully realize that.) We are the kind of people who like adventures and for some reason, I have a feeling 2015 will be full of 'em. (I know it will definitely bring the adventure of me driving. Hehe) So, no planning out every detail of the year, no being grumpy, and no resolutions except one. Live the year to the fullest. Now, I don't mean doing things that you know are just plain dumb-like cliff-diving. I'm saying live everyday like it's your last. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. We aren't even guaranteed tonight. Love Jesus. Live for Him. Because He fills your life with good things. (Psalms 103:5) This upcoming year may be scary for you. It's a little intimidating for me too. But we can take comfort in what the Bible says: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT) If you'd like, you can leave a comment below to tell me how you are going to live for God, not just in 2015, but every year. I'd love to hear from you! And, of course I have to put my favorite verse in here. It fits the occasion *perfectly*. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

That verse makes me tingly and warm because I know that God loves me enough to make a plan for my life. Happy New Year!

-Madelyn 

4 comments: