Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas \\ 2014

So for the past month, I have been singing, humming, and listening to Jason Gray's song "Christmas is Coming." Love it! Anyway, Christmas was coming, Christmas was here, and now Christmas is over. But that's OK! We have made so many memories!! We're already anticipating next year! 

This was taken Christmas Eve before we left to go to our family's Christmas get-together. We had a blast!

Christmas Day! 

These little goodies are from Karen Kingsbury (my favorite author ;)) and her daughter Kelsey Kupecky's Dayspring Possibilities line. They are vintage and classy and are just plain adorable. 

A close up of the coffee mug just because. Note that there is a book quote (from a book I really love) on the outside. Per-fect.

And, a Bible verse in the inside. He fills my life with good things: Psalm 103:5 This mug was made for me! I'll stop talking about coffee mugs in just a sec. Just bear with me a bit more. :)

Before Christmas, Mom and Dad were joking (or so I thought) about getting me a mug (for Christmas) with a picture of them on it. We got a few laughs out of the joking but I thought that was all they were doing-joking. So, when I came to a particular gift, I noticed a few giggles directed towards me. OK...Of course when I opened the box with the mug on it, we all burst out laughing. On one side is a picture of them and on the other side, there is a little caption that says "You are my sunshine. We love you, Madelyn." {Side note: Mom and Dad used to sing "You are my Sunshine" to me when I was little. :) The caption almost made up for the picture. Almost. :P

Francesca Battistelli CDs! I love the album "My Paper Heart" and I love the few songs that I have heard on the CD "If We're Honest!"

Books! Yay! I love my new books. :) The second book from the left is called "Loving" by Karen Kingsbury. I have read it before and loved it. I practically begged Mom and Dad to get it. ;) Can't wait to read them! :)

I bought Kyle Kupecky and Anthem Lights's earlier albums with my iTunes gift card. I've listened to the songs before on Pandora and YouTube but I was very happy when I was able to buy the albums. By the way, Kyle Kupecky's Christmas album Snowed In is great. I got it the day it came out. By the way, did I mention that he was Karen Kingsbury's (my favorite author ;)) son-in-law? 

Merry Christmas from the trio of goofballs. I'm not sure where the other two are. ;)

We got a few bigger goodies, but I won't blog about those. I encourage you to read the story of Jesus's birth. {Luke 2} I get chills every time I read it. That's what Christmas is all about. Jesus's birth. 

I hope y'all had a merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
-Madelyn

1 comment: