Saturday, September 6, 2014

God's Not Dead


So I'm here writing this at 10:45pm, practically brain dead because I literally can't function after 8:30pm. (This is not something I'm proud of.)

Why in this world is she writing then? I'm sure you are asking.

I'll tell you why. 

Because I have news. The news that God's Not Dead. Yeah, yeah I know that you know that but listen anyway [please!] Heh...heh. 

There is so much evidence that proves God's existence that I wonder why atheists and anti-theists think otherwise. 

Let's take the The Big Bang Theory. Do you really think that the world developed in a couple of minutes? Go to Wikipedia and bookmark that page to read how cra-cra (pronounced cray-cray) it sounds. 

"Oh, the earth cooled sufficiently after the explosion and made protons, neutrons, and electrons, etc."

It's all untrue. God is the one who created the universe when he said "Let there be light." in Genesis 1:3. 

Evolution. Yes, we all evolved from monkeys. Yes, we developed into man over time, blah blah blah. Uh-uh. Don't you think that we would still be evolving if we were once monkeys? (Which we weren't FYI) God created man in Genesis 1:27. 

"So God created human beings in His own image.
In the image of God He created them;
male and female He created them."

Here's another question: What do you call the "little" things that are so impossible to accomplish but you end up achieving them anyway? That my friend, is what I like to call a God-thing. There was a 99% chance that it couldn't happen by yourself. If you have God on your side though, that's a whole different ball game. Nothing, I repeat nothing is impossible with Him. 

Why do we have evil then? If He's all powerful then why can't He just banish evil? The answer is simple. Free will. God tolerates evil in this world on a temporary basis so that one day those who choose to love Him freely will dwell with Him in heaven with their free will in tact.

Moral absolute. With no God there's no reason to be moral. There's no definition of right and wrong.  

"If God does not exist, then everything is permissible."

It all comes down to a choice-to believe in God or to not believe. 

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
John 16:33
___
{By the way, I got most of my information from the movie "God's Not Dead." Great movie; so inspirational. Y'all need to see it! Oo, and while your at it, listen to the song "God's Not Dead" by the Newsboys.}

God's. Not. Dead.

Have you seen the movie and/or heard the song?
Thank ya for reading!

-Madelyn

4 comments: