Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fun and Feminine #1

Hello Everyone!
Today I will writing the first Fun and Feminine post. I am so excited! I love style, helping people, crafty stuff, and just all kinds of ways to be fun, feminine, and modest. If you didn't read my introduction post for Fun and Feminine, click here, and you can find out what these posts are all about.

Every week, I'll give an idea on how to dress modestly, a Bible thought, and a way to put the Bible thought into action. For our Bible thought today, I would like to discuss with you how we speak. So many people just do not take God's name seriously.


Bible Thought

Sometimes you might hear people take God's name in vain in public, or on television, but really don't think much about it. And sadly, there are some people that don't know better because they've grown up hearing that all the time, but if that's your case, I hope that you can learn something from this post! :)

My mom and I are taking a Bible class every Monday afternoon, and yesterday in class we discussed how important it is to respect God's name. If you read the Bible, the book that can help you with EVERY problem that you have, there are verses that talk about taking God's name seriously. Not just God's name, but words that have bad meanings, and slangs for those words. Generally, we don't want to say "gosh", 'gees", "omg", or 'golly", because those are slangs for God's or Jesus's names.

In my Bible class yesterday we also talked about not to say "oh my goodness." If you think about it, it's really not the best thing to say, because you don't want to be talking about your goodness do you? I'm trying not to say that anymore. Here are some verses that help us see the importance of respecting God's name more.

Matthew 12:36
I tell you that, on the day of judgment people will give account on every careless word they speak.

Exodus 20:7
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.”

Colossians 4:6
"Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer each person."

James 3:9-12
"With our tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water."

These verses are all so important to study. We will be judged for every single time that we curse or take God's name in vain.  Like me, I hope that you learned something, and will try to speak positively and encourage everyone you know to say good words.


Take Bible Thought to Action

Here are a couple of ideas that might help you if you're having trouble with saying any of these words, even "oh my goodness." These ideas might sound cheesy, but they'll help. Keep a chart of every time you say a curse word, slang word, or say God's name disrespectfully. You can wear a rubber band around your wrist and every time you catch yourself saying a not-so-good word, pull it up and let it go. Ouch! 

Fun and Feminine Ideas

Cute. Even shows u have to do it. Score
1. Everyone can read chinese, right? I think the picture directions are pretty easy to follow.



Click the link to make Finger knitting- ear warmer !

2. I love to finger knit! The girl that made this video has other finger knitting videos you should also check out!

-Anna Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment