Saturday, July 26, 2014

#7 Out of This World Girl

The summer is almost over, and everyone is coming back home after their summer vacation. Kids are so not ready for school to start back, but cooler weather is getting closer, and I love cool weather! I've enjoyed my summer so, so much! I will definitely have to say this is the most busy summer I've ever had. But like my friend told me the other day, “busy is good!”

I have enjoyed being able to write on Madelyn's blog this spring and summer! I haven't been very good about posting on time lately, and I am sorry for that. I am sad the “Out of This World Girl” posts are almost over. You can thank my mother for coming up with the name "Out of This World Girl" for this series of posts. She got it from this scripture: "As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world." (John 15:19)

We've had a great journey through learning ways that we can be more modest in how we express ourselves and how we dress. Just for a review....

We took the letters from the word 'modesty' to make words that will help us learn to be modest. First there was M for mindful. We need to be aware and mindful of what we say, do, and how we dress, and O for obedient. We need to be obedient to our parent's rules and what God says about modesty in the Bible. D for discernment. E for example. We want to be a good influence to our friends and set a good example. S for self-control, and T for thoughtful.

Today for letter Y the word will be youth! You're probably thinking, What?! Well, the Bible tells us that just because someone might be young, that doesn't mean that can't be a great influence.

1 Timothy 4:12
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

Sometimes we might feel like we're too young or small to do something great, but we see in the verse above that's not so. David in the Bible sure proved that! I might only be twelve, but that doesn't mean I can't be an influence. I can set an example for older teens and women in how I dress and act. Let's all try to be a better example to girl young and older!

Fun and Feminine

1. This song by Christian music artist Jamie grace is called 'Every Bit Of Lovely'. It's a song telling girls that they're beautiful in God's eyes. I encourage all of you to check out her newest album 'Ready To Fly'. It's such a great and positive album. I definitely recommend it for teen girls!




 I've enjoyed writing. Thank you all for reading!
-Anna Foster



No comments:

Post a Comment