Thursday, June 26, 2014

#5 Out of This World Girl

Hello Everyone!
I apologize for not posting the last few weeks. I have been so busy this summer, but having a great one!
I hope all of y'all are having a great summer as well.  We have been  making words using the letters in "modesty," and today we are on letter 'S.' The word is self-control. Modesty is using self-control. I think we all know the meaning of self-control; control over your feelings and actions. As I have said many times on the “Out of This World Girl” posts, many women and girls just do not use self-control when it comes to being modest. My mom told me a story a couple of months ago about a girl that was raised to dress using self-control, but didn't use it one day.
This girl I believe was in college and came home night when she and her family had plans to go to the movies. She came wearing shorts that were too short. Her Father was not pleased, and so he thought of a rather interesting punishment. Her father got a pair of jeans, cut them into shorts like hers, put them on to wear to the movies. This really embarrassed the girl, and I'm thinking that she wasn't going to wear those shorts again.
I think this story is quite funny, but it does show what your dad might do to you if you don't follow your family's modesty rules! If we don't do our best to be modest there will be consequences. In a way, I feel bad for people that dress or act in a way that draws attention. They just don't know how ridiculous they look. That's why it is so important for us to be modest, not go with the flow, and set an example as we talked about in our last “Out of This World Girl” post.

Proverbs 25:28
"A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls."

This bible verse above shows us what we're like if we don't have self-control. Let us try to be better examples, and have more self-control every day that we live. I hope to finish up with the last two letters of modesty over the next four weeks!

Fun and Feminine


Wear This Hair: A Simple Braided Beauty | Divine Caroline #braid #hairstyle #longhairstyle 


DIY headband


Hope y'all enjoyed this week's “Out of This World Girl” post! I'll post again in a couple of weeks!

-Anna Foster


2 comments:

  1. This post was really awesome. :) The story was great! I am so going to try making those headbands-so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete