Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What I Wore + A One of A Kind Original Guide


Hey y'all,
We're all trying to recover from being sleep deprived due to the tornado sirens that went off early Tuesday morning and the loud claps of thunder that kept waking us up last night. We were only in the hall for about forty-five minutes Tuesday morning but it took us forever to go back to sleep. There was rotation but thankfully, it didn't touch down. I have attached a guide to surviving being sleep deprived. :P Probably not super helpful but, hey, it's original.

Excuse my horrible posture. I'm working on it. *grins*

I love the color and how simple this outfit is. :)
Dress: Hand-me-down
Shirt: Old Navy

My Guide to Being Sleep Deprived 
  • Take a catnap. Seriously, if you do this, then just skip the suggestions below. Though, if you can't or won't take one, you might want to rethink skipping them.
  •  Caffeine is a lifesaver. No joke.
  • Exercising works wonders.
  • Two words-a hot shower. Nuff said.
  • Get yourself ready in the morning.  To some, it might be a small thing to do, but it helps. Drastically.
  • Be productive. You feel even more sluggish and tired if you sit on the couch all day. (Is this a choice for you?? I could only dream of doing it. But really, if doing nothing all day is an option for you, then you're doing it wrong.)
  • Sugar helps to an extent. Your parents and/or doctors are going to kill me if they read this but surprisingly, it helps. (Key word to an EXTENT. That means don't eat so much sugar you feel like you're going to burst. Been there, done that. It actually makes situations, such as this, worse. ;))
  • Get pumped up. Listen to some awesome music, read an intriguing book, have a dance party, do something to get you going.
There it is folks. A guide to staying awake. If you're like me, you will need this guide every. single. day. If you are not then..have a nice life! *insert smile/grin here*
-Madelyn


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit, Madelyn!
    I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night. :\ I tend to have that problem, even without sirens. Haha! It was fun to read your guide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty outfit, and you're so gorgeous!
    -Allyssa

    ReplyDelete