Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Devo // What it Means to Be a Christian

Happy Sunday! How has your day been? Ours has been wonderful! I have a short little devo I want to share with y'all today. I actually write this months ago and after all this time I found it today. Coincidence? I think not. ;) 


  What does it mean to be a Christian? Dictionary.com describes it as being: "of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus." I describe it as being: "One who believes in and tries his or her best everyday to be like Christ." I also believe it means to: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind." (Matthew 22:37 NLT) I'm not perfect at all-in any way. I'm human-just like everyone else. We mess up; we sin. Ever since Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we have sinned. That doesn't mean we can't strive to do good in the eyes of the Lord. Ephesians 5:1 says: "Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children." Also, in Matthew 6:33, it says to: "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need." Jesus himself said: "'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4:4 NLT) We truly need God-even if we don't know that. Being a Christian is realizing that and putting a plan into action. Such as: "How can I serve God next?" or "what does the Bible say about this?" or even "I shouldn't be doing this because this isn't pleasing to The Lord." We wouldn't even exist  if it weren't for God. We would be nothing without God. He loves us. John 3:16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." God sent his one and only son for us! He loved us that much! The creator of the universe loves each and everyone of us! He knew us in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5) and he knows all the hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30) I'll close with this last thought: Why wouldn't you want to follow and worship God? He has done more for us then we can comprehend. Take a minute today and thank God for everything he has done. Let me know your thoughts on today's topic. 
-Madelyn




No comments:

Post a Comment